26 March 2007

Ceviche

I had the most awesome ceviche this past weekend. we went to this trendy Latin restaurant here in town and man was it ever good! The restaurant serves over 100 different rums! I had a Mt. Gay XO Barbados on the rocks, that was totally worth the $16 for the shot. Back to the Ceviche, I ordered the seared tuna ceviche which was delicious. Of course this was a culinary challenge that I had to face. So I tried it at home.

Here is my recipe for Yellowfin Tuna Ceviche:

1 1/4 lbs Yellowfin Tuna
1/4 cup Lime Juice
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Texas Rio Red Grapefruit Juice
2 Roma Tomatoes diced
1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
1/4 cup diced onion
1 Clove Garlic minced
Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to taste

Mix everything and let it mariniate in the fridge for about 1-2 hours. Serve with Tortilla Chips and ice cold Mexican Beer (preferebly Pacifico Clara or Negra Modelo). Thank me later...

No comments: